Group multiplication is always painful… and Kingdom advancing. But there are times when it is wise to keep a group together, even if the agreed upon time to multiply has passed.
If your group is 12 adults or less, it would not be wise to multiply your small group in the following situations….
- There’s a couple in the group that is going through divorce level struggles and needs the group to be there for them until their marriage has firm footing.
- Someone in the group is an unbeliever and on the verge of becoming a follower of Christ.
- There is conflict between small group members that needs to be resolved.
- When the church leadership has requested groups stay together during a major initiative.
- The small group leader in training isn’t ready to take on a group of their own.