Effective small group leaders realize that what happens between meetings is more important than what takes place during meetings. Small group leader… Below you’ll find a checklist that will be helpful to you as you evaluate your between meeting leadership.
- Feed your soul by spending time in God’s Word and praying daily.
- Pray for each group member by name daily.
- Connect with a few group members via phone or face-to-face. Unless a personal need has been revealed, the contact is simply to let them know you care about them and are praying for them.
- Prepare for the next group meeting.
- Assign responsibilities to the group apprentice that will aid him in his journey to become an effective group leader.
- Email the group with any information they need to continue their journey toward Christlikeness or any information about the upcoming meeting, missional opportunity, or fellowship experience.
- Double check to make sure the person responsible for food is aware and is still going to be at the group meeting.
- If the group is meeting in your home, prepare the environment for an effective group experience.